Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kellie's Red Dragon Review

Red Dragon, the prelude to Silence of The Lambs, was a very scary movie for me. I hate suspenseful/scary movies and movies where you see people get stabbed or shot. Even though I really dislike scary movies, this was probably the least painful to watch. I actually sort of liked the overall plot of the movie even though there were some nasty parts. The one actor that really stuck out to me was Emily Watson. She played a blind lady in the film who liked the Tooth fairy, Ralph Fiends, who was the same actor that played in Schindler's List. Emily is not really blind and she did an amazing job acting in this movie. My favorite part was when she was holding her arms straight out as Ralph Fiends held a shot gun to her chest. I loved this scene because her arms were completely open and she was vulnerable to the shot gun. This scene was very powerful because it also showed that Ralph did not let The Red Dragon take over his life. If The Red Dragon did take over his life, he would have shot Emily. Overall, I loved this plot but I hate the scary parts in the movie. I would recommend this movie to a friend but I will certainly never watch it again or the next movie in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment